Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Juices, Cleanses & Detox. Oh, My!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014
In preparation for the new year, I decided that I would try a juice cleanse. Groupon had a deal for a Peeled Juice Bar in Chicago, so I thought it would be a great way to jump-start healthy living and to detox before the new year. I ordered the 3 Day Classic Cleanse which consisted of 6 bottles of juice to drink per day. Couldn't be that hard, right?


DAY 1:
I woke up ready to start the day. First up, Green Lantern. I'm used to having my coffee in the morning, so this was completely different than my normal routine. I am in no way a regular juicer, and this one didn't taste so great to me, but it wasn't too, too bad. If you're a fan of wheatgrass shots, this drink is for you. Feeling a straw would make it go down easier (and it did!), I finished drink #1 and was anxious to see what the next one would taste like in 2 or so hours.

Next up, Maroon 5. There is no sugarcoating this; I did not like this. I couldn't even finish this one. Not a fan.

My third drink of the day was the Haute Lemonade. After reading a few reviews about this one, I was terrified to try it, but I actually enjoyed it! Lemonade with a kick, thanks to the cayenne pepper. This one went down the easiest, in my opinion, but after I finished, I didn't want to think about having any more liquids.

The next 2 were repeats of Green Lantern and Maroon 5. Again, I took a few sips of Maroon 5 and had to sit that one out. 

Last one on the menu for the day was the Cashew Milk. I thought this one would be delicious, but I was disappointed. I don't know if I was just over drinking my meals throughout the day or if I didn't like the taste of this one, but I drank half and called it quits.

I was pretty hungry throughout the day, missed chewing food, and was very tempted to eat something. It was definitely an experience, though!
 
What I learned after Day 1? Juicing is not for me. I do want to try some of the other juices Peeled Juice Bar has (Adams Apple, for one), but as for the cleanse, one day was enough and instead of finishing days 2 and 3, I went out and bought a new pair of running shoes.

I chose Asics Gel-Craze TR and absolutely love them! It feels like I'm running on clouds and they were perfect for running along the beach on my quick Florida trip!

If you're looking to try a juice cleanse, I would recommend starting small. The 1-3 day cleanses are probably your best bet, but for me, healthy diet and exercise (with an occasional cold-pressed juice) is the way to go.

xo. L


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Violet Hour © 2014